APQS Longarm Quilting Machine: George
A space-saving stationary APQS machine with lots of throat space
George loves the quality and large throat of APQS longarm machines. But he doesn't have a lot of room. And because he was such an inspiration in creating our stationary, sit-down machine, we named it after him. Now you can also quilt with reckless abandon just about anywhere.
The generous 20î throat space means youíll never again have to struggle with squeezing quilts through a small space. When youíre done quilting, Georgeís 60î x 24î table folds down to so you can conveniently store it under your bed. It also sets up easily for your next quilting project.
And with our lifetime customer support, our trained Service Technicians are never more than a phone call away to help you troubleshoot and answer questions.
George features APQS carefully chose belt drive technology as the means of transferring power to the upper and lower shafts. Designed and constructed in a way to provide precise machine timing for sewing in all directions. Ask any APQS owner and they will tell you that timing or re-timing is almost non-existent. In addition, belt drive technology requires no lubrication, is quieter in operation, and reduces vibration.
Our low inertia Smart Bobbin™ provides precise thread tension, better stitch quality, and allows the use of almost any thread.
Our Gentle Touch™ tensioner provides the most superb thread delivery system, and accommodates different thicknesses along a single strand of thread.
Georgeís touch-sensitive foot pedal lets you place stitches precisely where you want them, even one stitch at a time.
- 8-year warranty
- Lifetime customer support
- LED lights
- Variable needle speed (200 ñ 2400 SPM)
- Handcrafted from aircraft grade aluminum
- Throat size of 20" x 8"
- Voltage 120V 50/60 Hz. All APQS machines run on standard household current.
- Super-quiet fully-enclosed DC motor. This safety feature is an APQS exclusive.
- Synchronous Belt Drive that is guaranteed for life. Belt drive technology provides precise machine timing, requires no lubrication and reduces vibration.
- Low inertia Smart Bobbin™ provides precise thread tension, better stitch quality and allows the use of almost any thread.
- Gentle Touch™ tensioner provides the most superb thread delivery system. Accommodates different thicknesses along a single strand of thread.
- Two-stage automatic needle positioner
- Single-stitch function
- Easy bobbin access
- Touch-sensitive foot pedal
- Easy fold-up table with rounded corners enlarges your work space. The table measures 24î x 60î and adjusts in height from 22î to 32î to help you quilt without raising your shoulders uncomfortably like standard tables.
Available options for the George
- Deluxe wooden table.
- In-home set-up by factory certified technician ñ Cost $500
*Please note the following:
- Purchase price includes Shipping & Handling charges.
- A representative from APQS will contact you once your purchase has been placed and you will be able to then purchase any additonal features.
- Every complete Freedom SR Quilting System comes with machine, table, rollers, patterns, thread, bobbins, bobbin winder, simple, easy-to-follow assembly instructions, basic training DVD and manual on computer CD.